Serving Brevard, Indian River, Saint Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach and Broward County
Call Price Termite & Pest Control For Guaranteed Termite Elimination
WITH 314 REVIEWS
COVID-19 - We're Open
We Are An Essential Business. Click Here To Learn How We Are Keeping Our Customers & Employees Safe.
to view local phone numbers
Our Service Area
An infestation of subterranean termites can cause significant damage to your home. With colonies as large as two million termites, they have the ability to destroy wood and cellulose materials at an extremely rapid pace. Feeding contantly, they are the most destructive of the various species of termites. Price Termite & Pest Control will identify areas in your home infested by subterranean termites and apply proven treatments to eliminate their colonies and prevent them from returning. We are a local company serving customers in Brevard, Indian River, Saint Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach and Broward County, Florida.
Subterranean termites live in moist, underground environments in colonies of up to two million pests. Their distinctive mud tubes protect the termites from open air. With their scissor-like mandibles, they feed on wood and cellulose materials around the clock, causing extensive damage to wood building structures. If a subterranean termite infestation is left untreated, these pests have the potential to completely destroy the wood supports of a building, causing it to collapse on itself.
Signs of Subterranean Termite Infestation
- Mud tubes: The presence of mud tubes built by subterranean termites is a strong indicator of an infestation. As moisture is essential to their survival, they’ll form these tubes above ground to prevent dryness. You may spot them across concrete and exposed exterior surfaces, but they can also hide behind wood components, such as floorboards or siding.
- Damage to wood: Subterranean termites prefer soft wooden fibers, so they eat along the grain of the infested wood. In damaged wood, the grain may be all that’s left of the original material. The spaces left between wood grains are often filled with mud left behind by the soil-carrying termites. Damaged wood may also give off hollow tones when tapped.
Treating Subterranean Termite Infestation
When you first notice signs of subterranean termite infestation, it is imperative that you call for professional termite treatment to avoid further damage to your home and property. Price Termite & Pest Control is a leading provider of termite control treatments in the Florida region, serving those living in Brevard, Indian River, Saint Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach and Broward County, Florida.
Subterranean termite treatments typically involve applying treatment chemicals to either the entire perimeter of the home or a complete exterior treatment combined with interior spot treatments. Interior spot treatments target areas of termite activity within the home to eradicate their presence and prevent recurring infestations. Termite bait stations may also be utilized as part of a whole-home subterranean termite treatment.
Because subterranean termites thrive in moist environments, homeowners are advised to take measures that prevent moisture from accumulating near the foundation. Such measures include:
- Diverting downspouts to move water away from the foundation
- Ventilating crawl spaces to lower humidity
- Leaving a gap of at least one inch between wood components of the home and soil
- Keeping firewood and other wood matter away from the home’s exterior
Prevent subterranean termites from causing any further damage to your home – call a termite control expert at the first sign of an infestation. Price Termite & Pest Control is a qualified termite treatment provider, serving those living in Brevard, Indian River, Saint Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach and Broward County, Florida. To schedule a free inspection for our subterranean termite treatment, call 888-491-0929.
Our Service Area
1926 NW 54th Ave
Margate, FL 33063
840 Jupiter Park Drive
Jupiter, FL 33458
4356 Fortune Place
West Melbourne, FL 32904